BUMMER!

So, I probably won't be posting any current pics anytime soon. Del's truck got broken into the other night in the parking lot of a restaurant and they took his whole camera backpack! We are talking devastating with a capital "D"! They also took his phone, GPS, satelite phone, and a couple of hard drives that he stores pics onand some other back up discs. Luckily, he had his computer inside with him. We are trying to look at the positives - there are a few...
#1 - Del added a rider(sp?) to our homeowners policy specifically for photography equipment a few months ago. That should cover the camera and all of the lenses. I gotta be honest - I always thought it was ridiculous the size and weight of that camera bag but now that is is gone I'm pretty sad.
#2 We pretty much have all of our pics in another place as well so we are only without a few events in 2007.
#3 We both learned a lesson. I won't be leaving much in my car and I don't think he will either. You never know what crazy people are out there.

Hopefully we will be able to get insurance squared away soon and replace the camera stuff. My point and shoot camera was also in with all of the stuff so for the moment, nobody in our house has a camera. Crazy!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

My heart dropped when I read your blog...so so sorry to hear that bad news. What thugs! Good foresight on Del's part to get it covered.