Down Day

Today we are having a "down day". We got home really late last night and Carli and Lindsey were so tired so I caved and let them stay home. Sydnee wanted to go to school so I took her and I have been catching up on stuff and hanging out with Lindsey and Carli. I can't remember the last time Lindsey sat down and played with Carli. They have been playing Littlest Pet Shop and I can tell Carli is in heaven having her sister to herself. Sometimes soccer, volleyball, mutual, and life get in the way of great sister time. Maybe that means we need to simplify!?! Anyway, the kids have AIMS testing next week and I thought they deserved a day off. Call me a bad mom - call me a cool mom- call me irresponsible - but sometimes you just need a "down day"!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

We all need a day off once in a while! And I vote... you are a cool mom! :)

Nichole Barney said...

Down days are good! I could use more of those. It makes the other crazy days so much better!