Weather Weather Weather!



I guess we got a bit of Ike winds up here in Ohio last night. I had to give my friend Melinda a ride to her car and it was a little windy when we left. About an hour later I got home and it was pretty windy but still not horrible. I got home and Del was in the front yard flying a kite with Sydnee. Our neighbors came and and asked us what in the world we were doing out in the Wizard of Oz weather! I think she thought we were crazy. It got worse so we decided to go in and get dinner going. Luckily we were bbq-ing and our stove is gas because we lost power and had a nice candlelit dinner minus the nice table set up. (it's hard to see what you are even putting on your burger without much light) The wind kept howling and it was raining leaves. We have them everywhere and big branches were flying everywhere. I can't imagine being in a real tropical storm or hurricane! The power finally came back on and we thought all was well until I read my email this morning and realized Carli's school is canceled because of roof damage. Crazy stuff! This is probably the first of many weather related posts.

4 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Crazy that it hit you too! It's gearing you up for the season changes!

Cassy said...

Hey, Mrs. Tanner this Sydnee's Friend Cassy from AZ. WOW thats crazy you got some storms coming in already. In AZ it's still in the low 100's and high 90's. I hope your liking it in Ohio. At least Syd does. I hope to see Sydnee again soon. Bye

Rydgd said...

How 'bout that Ike!?! I can't believe it went that far north. We were out of power for seven days here...not fun! :) I'll be posting pics hopefully tonight - haven't had a chance to blog yet! Take care!

BMWilliams said...

Hey guys, we havent seen or talked in years, so we decided to let you know were still alive and kickin'. We miss you and we cant believe how cute your daughters are.....good job!
Ben and Monica Williams