Friday was just another day until I got a call from a friend's husband letting me know he was on his way to meet his wife at the doctor and they needed my help with their kids. She was about 23 weeks pregnant and they couldn't find a heart beat. I was speechless when he called because I didn't even know she was pregnant. They hadn't told anyone except their two oldest kids and were waiting to break the news this week on their Thanksgiving visit with family. She gets sick at the beginning and loses weight and with jackets she was able to hide it. I've only known her for a little over 4 months so I wasn't really aware of any real "changes" in her energy level or her tummy. My heart sank and was filled with so much sadness only to be replaced by the joy that the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation can bring to someone going through something like this. How grateful I am that this family we have become close with shares our faith in Jesus Christ and knows that He has a plan for each one of us. She was able to have a priesthood blessing in the hospital from our Bishop and her husband and I know that has helped comfort her. They were worried that it could take a really long time for her to deliver but it went quickly and physically she is feeling pretty good. I will attend a short graveside service tomorrow with them and then they will be heading out on their vacation to be with family. I hope and pray they will be able to find comfort with family at this sad time for them. Things like this make you stop and reflect on the fact that we are not in the drivers seat and God has a plan for each on of us. As I was talking to her today we realized that her husband had planned to be out of town until Friday night and decided to come home on Thursday night. Just another tender mercy and blessing.
4 comments:
Jen that is really sad! We are so lucky to have the knowledge we do otherwise how do you get through something like that. Call me I want to hear about your brother's wedding.
So sad Jen. You're right, I'm so glad for the gospel to help through things like that. My heart aches for her. I thought we were losing Lucy when I was like 16 weeks along and I thought I'd die I was so sad.
Miss you guys!
That was a beautiful reminder to all of us of how blessed we are because of what we know. Thanks and I am sorry to hear such sad news.
Jen, thanks for your thoughts. I appreciated hearing them. Sometimes when others are going through rough patches, I think it means the world to them to hear how others felt since it helps them to feel the love from their family and friends who surround and support them! You should send a copy of your thoughts to them! I know that when I miscarried (before I had Travis, our 1 year old) I was given a strong feeling from the Spirit and the words in no uncertain terms, "It's okay." And then the thought that I am not in charge, but He is. It was so true... I somehow amazingly conceived just two weeks later and was given this beautiful happy baby boy to enjoy!
Post a Comment