
We have a small ski resort about 15 minutes from our house and we made our first visit today. I wouldn't be so excited about it if my kids were already good at skiing or snowboarding but since they are learning it will be perfect! It isn't Utah or Colorado by any stretch of the imagination but I think it will work great for them to learn and there are some other resorts a couple hours away that we can visit once the girls get more comfortable. Sydnee's friend Natalie came with us and they all took lessons. They did an intro lesson with a group in the morning and after lunch we put them back in another lesson with just the four of them. It was a beautiful day with sunshine and a blue sky (which doesn't happen every day here so you really have to take note and be grateful when it does). Del and I watched and took pics and video from a deck next to the bunny hill. They might be sore tomorrow but all of them gave the overall experience a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

Carli's first time up the lift with her instructor.
Carli in deep concentration.
Sydnee practicing on her heel side.

After their lesson Del decided to rent a board and took the girls up for a few more runs. Next weekend I guess I'll join them on the slopes. I'm probably a little bit rusty but I can work on my skills with the girls!
Snow Bunnies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How great to be so close to a little ski slope! Your girls look like naturals!
Hello! Just wanted to thank you for the beautiful flowers. I am finally updating my blog and trying to respond to the outpouring of love we have felt. Thanks again!
What a cute family of snowboarders! I don't get to the blogs very often, but I can see I need to more often. You guys are living the dream! Leave AZ, buy a big piece of land in the country, too fun!
Hey Jen, how great to have that so close!
Dave's with Del right now. I'm so glad he and Mike came.
I'm so darn excited about our trip next month!!
You make looking cold way too fun! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment