We've all seen them - the people who stand at the entrance of the grocery store parking lot or the freeway with a cardboard sign asking for work or money or donations. Well, today we saw a grandpa holding a sign asking for money or diapers or work. We pulled out of the parking lot as Sydnee and Lindsey were frantically trying to find some cash for him before it was our turn to pull out. We didn't find any and they begged me to go back. I thought for a minute and came up with 50 excuses why we didn't have time today but I did finally go back. The girls were so anxious to help so I asked Lindsey to go ask him what size of diapers he needed. Lindsey promptly replied to me, "I'm sure the biggest they make, Mom! His bum isn't very small!" Sydnee and I were dying laughing and after we got a handle on ourselves we asked him and he told us the diapers size he needed. We went into the store and bought him some things and he was so appreciative. I really hope that this man was truly in need of help and wasn't just trying to get cash for booze or drugs but I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? My girls were so willing to help and felt that feeling of truly giving and helping someone. They talked about him for awhile. I'm so glad they helped me feel the true meaning of Christmas today!
4 comments:
awww.... I love stories like that.
Lindsey is so fun! I loved the story it feels good to help people like that.
Lindsey, Lindsey... Soo funny, but cool! Love you guys
Post a Comment