We are so lucky to have such wonderful families. Del's entire family joined us last week for Thanksgiving and Carli's baptism. Everyone in my family was there except for my brother Jon and his family. It was a lot of work to pack in both of those events into one week but so much fun. Del Sr., Marci, Tiffany and Jared came early. Tiffany and Marci helped me get my Christmas trees up. I've never had my Christmas trees up for Thanksgiving but it was fun to be able to turn the lights on Thanksgiving night and welcome CHRISTMAS! Tiffany and I worked out a little trade - she does my trees and I will be making her lots of cute baby jewelry. I kept telling her how much I loved my trees and what a great job she did - she told me she wants to have the same reaction when she sees her baby jewelry! Can you say PRESSURE! We had a total of 26 people and one extra dog. The boys were planning on going hunting and my brother Scott can't hunt without his dog 'Gracie Lu' so even MOJO had a friend to play with. We woke up to SNOW the day after Thanksgiving. It was so fun to see the kids wake up and look outside to see snow. There was just enough for them to make snowmen and play in it for a day before it melted. On Saturday, Carli got baptized. I can't believe my BABY is baptized! It was such a beautiful baptism. Carli picked who she wanted to speak, sing, and give prayers. We are lucky to have the musical talent of Jon and Courtney. They sang the song, "A Window To His Love," and it was BEAUTIFUL. All the kids sang "I Know That My Savior Loves Me". That is one of the songs from next year's primary outline and it is such a sweet song for children to sing. Carli asked Cathy and Lindsey to speak. Cathy spoke on baptism and Lindsey spoke on the gift of the Holy Ghost. She wrote her talk herself and we were all so impressed. She did a great job and wasn't a bit nervous. My heart was so full - it was a beautiful day and I was so grateful to have so many family members and friends there. I played catch up on Monday and Tuesday to get the house back in order and by Wednesday I hit a wall in a serious way. I sent my kids off to school and crawled back in bed for a long winters nap! I'm all good now and ready for December!
All of the pictures of Carli in her baptism dress are on Del's camera. These were just from my little point and shoot so I will have to add a few more from his camera.
2 comments:
Looks and sounds like a beautiful week!
Actually this is Brooke
Post a Comment