Not Just Your Ordinary Eggs


Those cute little chicks that we adopted when we went to the Pumpkin Patch in October finally started laying eggs! Since we've been home from Spring Break, Carli is so excited to wake up everyday (which definitely helps my morning) and go check for the eggs. We have run into a small problem though. The cutest little yellow chick that Carli named "Sunshine" turned out to be a rooster. We told her we need to give the two roosters away because we don't want any more baby chicks and she is devastated. I know... it's just a silly rooster but that is the one that she picked to be hers and she doesn't want to give it up. So maybe Del will deal with that this weekend.

It was so fun to come home to such great weather. It actually felt a little hot after being in Ohio. I will say that I already am missing the trees back there but that might be the only thing I am missing...except for Del, of course! He'll be home tomorrow.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Jen... this might be random. :) I've met you a couple times through mutual friends..but it was a long time ago.
Anyways... I have a home for your rooster, if you need.
Does is "cocadoodledoo"??

Melissa said...

So fun to catch up on your fun happenings. New York, what a blast (once Del got there).
We used to have chickens when I was growing up and the eggs looked just like that. Are your chickens a black color?
When are you going to be in Ohio permanently?

Shawni said...

How fun to have chickens and real eggs at Easter. I want a little chick. But maybe not right now. We're getting inundated with pets around here.

I'm excited we get to see you guys on Monday!

cabrenchley said...

What cute little eggs! We will have to stop by the next time we are out at the house.

Tiffany said...

That is so cute that she wants to keep the rooster! You are such a nice mom to consider it! I can't believe you guys are moving! I hope that you like it. It is so cold there!

Nichole Barney said...

How cool! Were they edible? I bet the girls loved to see the first eggs.

Del Sr said...

Wow your eggs are a deep color. Have Fun!!