It's hard to know...

How can you really tell when your kids have a broken bone? I hate to overreact and rush them to the ER everytime they fall after regular pediatrician hours but then you fell pretty guilty when you let them go all night plus a few hours and then finally take them in because they still can't straighten their leg the next day. How do you really know.... It was a long day but so far she is doing fine. 6 weeks on crutches is going to get old really fast. They wouldn't put a swimming cast on it because it is too big. I'm still hoping they will put one on right before we leave for Hawaii in 5 weeks but he said probably not. Oh well, there are definately worse things in life! I'm so grateful it was only a broken leg. Kids scare me soooo bad! I thought boys were the ones that always broke bones. So far every single on of our kids has broken something!

5 comments:

Mike Zaharis said...

You did the right thing and she is fine. I hope she is feeling ok. I am going on 12 weeks on crutches so I can feel her pain. Thanks for sending Del up here, we had a great time. Good luck. Will you scan the Xray and put it on here?

The O'Han Clan said...

Jen, this has been quite the month and nothing like one more thing. Hope she is doing better and by Hawaii she will be a pro!! Hang in there and I know I will be calling on you soon when I go down the same road. Kids are so resiliant and heal so fast. Take care and call if you need anything.

Melissa said...

What a bummer! Last week we did the same exact thing with Summer. She started limping and we told her to just take it easy and then a couple days of that Tom took her for x-rays and she had broken her ankle. I think the big pink cast is awesome looking on that little body. She will get a lot of attention.

Melissa said...

What a bummer! Last week we did the same exact thing with Summer. She started limping and we told her to just take it easy and then a couple days of that Tom took her for x-rays and she had broken her ankle. I think the big pink cast is awesome looking on that little body. She will get a lot of attention.

Nichole Barney said...

Jen so sad about Carli. I cant believe it goes all the way up her leg. I feel your pain! Kiley just set up my blog for me so Im going to give it a try.