Niagara Falls



Niagara Falls was great. The Maid of the Mist boat ride was very wet and it was amazing to get up close to the falls and see how powerful they are. It's a good thing we got back into America with the rude Border Agent. Sometimes people with firearms have a serious "I'm a big deal," attitude! It all turned out OK and they didn't detain Del or Denny. We needed our Captain and his Wingman. Someone has to drive and navigate so Nichole and I can surf the web! Kiley and Sydnee joined in, too. Thank goodness for laptops and a great internet connection the whole way.

It was a beautiful drive. I don't think we could have timed the leaves at their peak of color any better. The drive to Palmyra was short and we were able to see the place where the Book of Mormon was first printed. We also went to the Joseph Smith family farm and the Sacred Grove. It was so peaceful. We were the only ones there. The kids all wrote in their journals. It was truly a beautiful place and I gained a greater appreciation for Joseph Smith and the sacrifices of the early saints.




The next day we went to the visitors center at the Hill Cumorah site. It was raining so we didn't get many pictures there.

3 comments:

Cassy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassy said...

Your pictures are sooo Beautiful. Seems like a lot of fun in that amazing weather, with all the changing leaves on trees.Also Thats a funny but good picture of all of you girls on the labtops. I'll post a post later, on yours and Sydnee's AMAZING blog. Tell Syd hi. And I'm hoping to see Sydnee again. Maybe whenever she or all of the Tanner Family visits Arizona again.

P.S. This is Syd's friend Cassy in Arizona.

becca said...

Awesome photos and loved reading all the good fun stuff about the trip! We just did that one for the second time in May! It is a great place... Palmyra! I also think you timed it right with the leaves though! Gorgeous photo on the bottom with the different colored trees! Love it!