NYC

We made it NYC. We parked the motorhome in Jersey City and thought we would be thrifty by taking the subway in to the city to get to our hotel. Great idea but it was a circus act! Just imagine... 4 adults, 7 kids, at least 14 bags. We had about a 10 minute walk to the subway. We had to change trains and then got off at 42nd street and our hotel is at 47th street. I wish I had pictures but all of our hands were so full that we coulnd't take any pictures. We tried to find elevators in the different subway stations so the kids didn't have to drag their bags up the stairs. Both elevators we found had the strongest urine smells I've ever smelled. I thought Sydnee was going to have a nervous breakdown. Her nose is VERY sensitive! It's always fun to watch my sheltered children take double takes as they get over the initial shock of all of the diversity in this city.

One of the things my kids have really been looking forward to is seeing Legally Blonde. We saw it tonight but last night we decided to wait outside the theatre after it was over to get pictures and autographs with Bailey (Elle Woods). A lot of the cast members came out and were so great to pose for pictures with the kids. We saw the play tonight and it was FABULOUS! Lindsey didn't leave the edge of her seat the entire time. All of my girls were in heaven. I loved it and Del even enjoyed it. The last show is Sunday night so we really got lucky to get tickets.


This is Bailey signing the girl's playbills.

Top of the Rock

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Looks like you all had a blast - I loved the maid of the mist boat ride when we went to the falls. Can't wait to hear more details.

Out And About Global said...

Jen, looks like a fun trip. Your photos from Palmyra turned out really good. NYC is fun too. I laughed at your daughter's response to "diversity".

Shawni said...

Looks like such a great trip Jen. Those leaves are amazing and I loved seeing all the places I begged Dave to take me to when we lived there but never went to. Gosh darn it. At least I can live it through you and Nichole's pictures.